[CQ-Contest] RE: ÄCQ-ContestÅ Contest taping methods?

Subject: [CQ-Contest] RE: ÄCQ-ContestÅ Contest taping methods?
From: kari.lehtimaki@olsy.fi (Lehtimaki Kari)
Date: Thu Mar 19 09:10:41 1998
K4RO wrote:

>I've heard several top ops mention taping their contest
>performances, in order to get a better handle on their
>strengths and weaknesses.

>I am curious to know what techniques are used to tape
>such a long event.  The most readily available long...

We are going to test the following software in the
forthcoming WPX from OH0W:

http://www.sagebrush.com/~sells/recall.htm

With compression I was able to record 1 hour of
SSB into 6 MB of disk space. And it is possible to
record only when receiving - so my rough guess is
that the 48 hour contest can be recorded in
just 150-200 MB of disk space.

73 de Kari, OH2XX

oh2xx@sral.fi
http://www.olsy.fi/kle/oh2he.htm