[CQ-Contest] two-radio score reporting

Subject: [CQ-Contest] two-radio score reporting
From: k6ll@juno.com (k6ll@juno.com)
Date: Tue Jan 27 17:24:56 1998
The NCJ arrived yesterday and I see that The cw and ssb Sprint
results both include the number of band changes for the top 10
stations. Actually, the column headings are screwed up in both
top 10 boxes, but if you look at them closely you can figure them out.

To me, reporting the number of band changes in the score tabulations
conveys a lot of very interesting and useful information. It is
pretty obvious who is using two radios and who is not. If you are
using two radios, you can see your frenzy level vs. other two
radio users. If you are not using two radios, you can gloat in
beating some two-radio guys, or you can estimate your potential
score increase if you were to use two radios effectively in the
future.

I'm in favor of reporting the number of band changes for all single
operator stations in all contests. It should take only the proverbial
"few lines of code" to implement the report, and it would add a very
worthwhile dimension to analysis of the results. It would settle the
debate over identifying two radio participants, and allow all
participants to draw their own inferences from the statistic.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ
K6LL@juno.com

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]