[CQ-Contest] Re: 30 metres

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: 30 metres
From: ddjones@nas.com (Dale Jones K5MM)
Date: Sun Jan 11 15:25:17 1998
 Hello Paul Paul:
 Obviously you're welcome to your opinion and operating style, but just
 because someone asks you for a ZONE....you want to be an jack-arse and
 not give it to him ???

 Why would you not give the guy a zone number?????  That's why guys get
 on bands....to achieve something THEY want to achieve, and then
 you force him to abide by YOUR strict operating style?????  I think
 that's a bunch of BS, and I'm not trying to flame you OM.  Just stating
 my opinion.

 Doing things like looking for WAZ, WAS, WAC, DXCC, working guys with
 one's own call sign suffix, doing any of the above in 1 year or WHATEVER
 general operating activity is GOOD for the guys doing it, and GOOD for
 the WARC Bands, and GOOD for ham radio.  Where in the hell does it say
 the ONLY activity allowed on the WARC bands is BS'ing????  God, maybe
 that will attract the pig-farmers !!

 YOU can play by your own set of rules yourself.....and you can even
 impose YOUR style on others who work you, but if that includes not
 giving some guy you ZONE, I believe you to be WAY OFF BASE.

 By the way, speaking of BS'ing, you might consider looking at some
 CARF or ARRL books on what "BK" means, and then consider the suggested
 QSO you have included in your posting.  There is a PROPER style for
 sending the QSO back to the other operator, and in the context of your
 message to XX1XXX, it's not "BK".

 Hope you are not offended OM, because I do respect your right to operate
 as you choose so long as its legal, moral and ethical, but you ought to
 consider the other guy too, when he's doing something that's legal,
 moral and ethical -- and GENERALLY ACCEPTED !!

 73
 Dale  K5MM

   ( original message from Jim Nipper )