[CQ-Contest] Formula help

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Formula help
From: lu6etb@cvtci.com.ar (Arturo J. Gargarella)
Date: Sun Jan 4 19:06:36 1998
I hope this will be useful for you or anybody else in the reflector.

A = Latitude A
Z = Longitude A
B = Latitude B
Y = Longitude B
Enter East Longitude as negative and South Latitude as Negative

L = Z - Y
E = sin(A) * sin(B)  + cos(A) * cos(B) * cos(L)
D = arccos(E)
K = D * M
C = ( sin(B) - sin(A) * E ) / ( cos(A) * sin(D) )
IF C >  1 THEN C =  1.
IF C < -1 THEN C = -1 GOTO XX
V = C
C= arccos(V)

XX
IF sin(L) < 0  THEN C = 360 - C.

Bearing is given by C(degrees) and distance by K(kms).

------
Arturo J. Gargarella
lu6etb@cvtci.com.ar