[CQ-Contest] Re: Multiple Calls From One QTH

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Re: Multiple Calls From One QTH
From: K4OJ@aol.com (K4OJ)
Date: Mon Dec 15 20:06:24 1997
In a message dated 97-12-15 17:12:10 EST, W2XL@aol.com writes:

<< Anything else violates the spirit and the intent
 of the rules of the contest AND fairplay. >>

How do you spell Nomex, I may need to buy some apparel....

Okay, let me see if I get this right.....

So in the following scenario:

A station capable of supporting a multi-multi has the ability to field two
multi-single stations in a contest where multi-multi is NOT allowed....but,
the contest regulations state that only one call can be used MEAN that the
spirit of the contest CANNOT allow this occurence, since it is not fairplay to
waste the resources available at that QTH?

I wonder sometimes if those who are quick to defend the honor of the rules are
able to realise the hardships and handicaps of running two stations from the
same QTH....neither one of whih will win most likely....but usually these
types of operations mean not only more QSOs for the contest community but also
increased commaradery amongst the guys from the questioned QTH - talk about
peaceful coexistance....how would you decide who gets to operate the first
hour - or the Saturday AM opening to EU on 20????

I agree that there are those who seek to exploit the rules and to them, that
is the contest...I also agree that the spirit of the rules should be highest
in considerations.....but operations like the dual 160 meter entry by GH and
XR are NOT against the contest's spirit whatsoever....I can NOT see an
arguement for NOT allowing this!

Often I have wondered about having two single ops from the same station with
the ops alternating either on the hour or half hour and challenging each
other...who would win? This has to be as equalized a competition as you could
get, more so than the WRTC events - with the element of a station/mult only
being on for 15 minutes and one of them missing it due to it not being their
stint I do not know how much more equal you could get things....heah, same
rig/same antennas/same friggin QTH!  But no - I guess this would be "against
the spirit of the rules"....so it will never be.

What unfair advantage did XR and GH have...neither operation went to the full
time allowed...so, neither will win....but both guys worked w1abc, so he had a
second QSO...wheras he, and hundreds of others, would NOT have had it had the
Doc and Green Hornet decided that one of them could NOT operate...

Ficticuous QSOs are one thing - but that these two were unfair is off base,
thanks to boh of them from all those who appreciated the second QSO.

k4oj