[CQ-Contest] radio questions

Subject: [CQ-Contest] radio questions
From: henry@rio.com (henry gillow-wiles)
Date: Thu Nov 13 20:57:28 1997
        i finally have the money to buy a new, or new to me, radio. i am an avid
dx'r and am just getting into contesting. i have a th7 and a cc 40-2cd and
wire for 80m. the choices are very confusing, kind of like buying a new car.
        i want to look in the $2000 range. i'm not really looking for brand or
model recommendations, but rather what questions to ask, what specs and
features to look for. i don't think i know enough to make this decision yet.
        i'll be driving a henry 2-kd classic w/2 3-500's in it. i use a heil
headphone/mic. at the moment, i'm using an old ic-730. it was a step up
from my heathkit sb-101, but now i'm ready for the 21st century.
        please reply directly and i'll summerize if the interest is there.
henry gillow-wiles
henry@rio.com