[CQ-Contest] Various soapbox...

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Various soapbox...
From: TOMK5RC@aol.com (TOMK5RC@aol.com)
Date: Fri Nov 7 13:40:33 1997
In a message dated 97-11-07 12:24:11 EST, desmith@Telalink.Net writes:

<< About an hour before the end of SS, I was CQing on 80 when a strong
station
 (a known contester & good op) called.  Sent him my exchange, went back to
 receive, and all I got back was a ?.  Sent it again, and got another ?.
 Frustrated, I called CQ again.  This station called again, but so did
 someone else.  Answered the other guy, completed the QSO, then this guy
 calls yet again.  I send the exchange again - and this time he QSLs & we
 complete the QSO.

I wonder if it was the same, loud, well known contester that I had a similar
experience with in the NAQP? It sounds very sympotmatic of poorly executed
single-multi operation. Like Dirty Harry says, a man has got to know his
limitations.

Tom, K5RC/7