[CQ-Contest] Broken Heil Headset

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Broken Heil Headset
From: w5fl@flash.net (Wendell Wyly - W5FL)
Date: Mon May 26 16:26:54 1997
My Heil Pro Set started coming apart during the wpx yesterday.  This is the
larger new version with HC-4 microphone.  It still works great, but the
plastic part of the swivel cover for the right ear piece is broken in
several pieces and looks like it will come apart at any time.  Also looks
like there is a crack in the right side swivel cover at the same place.
Since the Heil Pro Set is only a few months old and has never been dropped
or used much, this seems like an unusual failure as the older models seemed
to hold up well.  I plan to send this one back to Heil in warranty, but has
anyone else had this problem or bought any replacement parts out of
warranty for this.  Looks hard to replace.

Wendell Wyly         W5FL          w5fl@flash.net