[CQ-Contest] Yuri

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Yuri
From: w4an@contesting.com (Bill Fisher - W4AN)
Date: Fri May 2 17:59:32 1997
I came in to contesting about the time Yuri's magazine was starting.  I
remember subscribing and I guess losing money.  I was all of 19 years old.
As I recall, I was pretty much moneyless all of the time while in
college and even $20.00 was big deal back then.  But, for the life of me, I
can't recall feeling ripped off by Yuri's magazine going under.

Some notes on this reflector seem to suggest that Yuri some how started
this magazine with the intent and purpose of defrauding individuals out
of their money.  If in fact the business just went of business for
whatever reason businesses go out business, then I believe beating Yuri
in to contest submission isn't really needed.  There aren't SO many
contesters in this world that we can afford to "run off" anyone
interested in the sport.  IMO.

73

Bill, W4AN

PS:  I dont know Yuri from Adam.