[CQ-Contest] Where do the portables go? (was 6Y0/4A)

Subject: [CQ-Contest] Where do the portables go? (was 6Y0/4A)
From: palooka@pyrotechnics.com (Joe Pontek, K8JP)
Date: Tue Feb 25 21:36:35 1997
No, Paul. You will not be wrong. Only when we and Candians use OUR
reciprocal agreement, do we have to sign the VE2, /VA2, /W8, KB9, etc.
per the US/Canadian agreement. KH7 is a valid call sign prefix. Also, you
can sign /(a non-ITU issued prefix) for such things as IOTA island designators,
per the FCC. Have fun!

At 08:29 PM 2/25/97 -0500, K9PG@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 97-02-25 17:44:55 EST, wilder@abs.net (Dick Wilder (K3DI))
>writes:
>
>> Now the other shoe.  You must have my call correct to get a card.
>>  That sounds fair to me.  The portable indicator must be in the correct
>>  position as shown below.   For example, KL7/K3DI is wrong and violates
>>  FCC rule 97.119.
>

>Didn't we all have this discussion about where the portable indicator
>can/should go?  Did something change in the past couple years?  I thought it
>was agreed by the consensus that the portable could go either before or
>after, doesn't matter.  It only mattered if you were in a foreign country...
> you have to sign how it is shown on the license.
>
>When I go to Hawaii on Thursday, I plan on signing KH7/K9PG
>
>Will this be wrong?
>
>Paul  K9PG
>K0PG@aol.com
73,  K8Joe"Palooka" & Beverly,
K8JP, K8JP/VA2, VP5/K8JP, VP5JP, ex-K8HKM, ex-KN8HKM
Secretary, NIDXA
[\] NAUI Diver
palooka@pyrotechnics.com
snail mail: