Re; WPX CW date - Another conflict

Subject: Re; WPX CW date - Another conflict
From: w9sz@prairienet.org (Zack Widup)
Date: Wed Feb 12 12:44:27 1997

>     I know this is a heretic thought on this reflector, but it should be
>obvious that there are too many contests.  If you look at some of today's
>"contests," you will see some quite ridiculous ones....
>
>     There was one of late where the rules went on and on for several lines
>to describe the additional multiplier to use that was determined by the
>temperature inside the shack (the lower the temperature, the higher the
>multiplier; last year's winner was given his plaque posthumously after he
>froze to death halfway through the contest).  I figure someone could go to
>the Yukon, bundle up in extreme foul-weather clothing, operate outdoors in
>that contest, make fifteen contacts, and produce an all-time record score
>because of his stupendous temperature multiplier....

Whatever happened to the "Frostbite Falls Beach Party"?

Zack W9SZ

From: k0wa@southwind.net (Lee Buller) (Lee Buller)
Subject: Info Needed

Anyone know the new address of W2SC or the e-mail address?

Lee
k0wa@southwind.net

From: ve6jy@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca (Don Moman) (Don Moman)
Subject: SoCal area ARRL DXCW m/ops-need a extra op?

Hoping someone can help.... VE6BMX/W6 is down in the NewPort Beach area
and would greatly love to join a m/op for the ARRL DX CW. Barry is a very
good CW op and knows his way around contesting so he'd be a good asset to
any group. He's looking at San Diego area more so than LA (he'd like to
avoid the congested LA area) so if you know anyone down south that's doing
a m/op please let me know ASAP. He has a vehicle (camperized van with HF
and 2m) so transportation is not a problem.  He does not have e-mail
access there so please leave home and work numbers so he can reach you.
I know after experiencing a DX test from W6 he'll not be happy operating
up here (the "white" hole of propagation) anymore, but that's a chance
he's apparently willing to take!

Let me know by this evening or by morning at the latest - my last sked
with him is at 1900 UTC Thurs. I will pass any info along then.

73 Don

VE6JY is Don Moman               email: ve6jy@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
Box 127 Lamont, Alberta
T0B 2R0  (403) 895-2925