QST and Rules

Subject: QST and Rules
From: jmellis@ihug.co.nz (Martin Ellis)
Date: Wed Dec 25 22:56:07 1996
ROBERT REED wrote:
> I got a very nice message back from my Director Kay, WT3P,
> immediately following the forwarding to her of the comments regarding
> the lack of publication of the rules in QST. She told me that there
> are several negative thoughts regarding QST changes over the past
> year. She has placed the message passed on the reflector into her
> file and will present it at the January Board meeting after the new
> Membership Services Committee is appointed.
> 73,   Bob Reed,  W2CE

Hi Bob,
Thanks for following up on these concerns.
One further point is the lack accuracy in the published frequencies
for the ARRL 10M contest.  If you followed the ARRL recommendations
you would have had nil contacts, and assumed that the contest
had been cancelled.

Let's get it right in 1997.

For the record, taken from QST Nov 1996:-
         CW-  ARRL:             28.050- 28.080
         CW-  Actual:           28.000- 28.050

         CW- Novice, ARRL:      28.090- 28.130
         CW- Novice, Actual:    No activity found at this QTH

         SSB- ARRL              28.350- 28.400 and 28.550- 28650
         SSB- Actual            28.350- 28.500

Regards,
Martin ZL1ANJ