So, So -OO, don't know.

Subject: So, So -OO, don't know.
From: aa5bl@intrastar.net (Jon Barclay AA5BL)
Date: Sat Nov 9 20:43:24 1996
George Cutsogeorge wrote:

> Not all the OOs out there know how to measure frequency correctly...

That's a fact.  I've received several over the years stating
that "anyone with an Amateur Extra class license should know
that your signal extends 3 KHZ above and below your carrier
on SSB.  Operating on 21.201 USB clearly put your signal into
the Novice band."  Guess this guy got stuck on AM and missed
the news about what SINGLE SIDEBAND implies.

Hope the ARRL wouldn't DQ anyone from this OO's report!

73,
-- Jon Barclay
N5JA (ex-AA5BL)