November CQ/10 Meter Contest Canceled?

Subject: November CQ/10 Meter Contest Canceled?
From: jmellis@ihug.co.nz (Martin Ellis)
Date: Fri Nov 8 23:22:05 1996
HENRYPOL@aol.com wrote:

> The ARRL 10 Meter Contest was not listed in the latest CQ column
> Contest Calendar sidebar 'Calendar of Events'.
> Just because 10 hasn't been great lately is no reason to cancel a > contest;
> is it?  A quick check of the latest QST
> confirmed that, at least as far as the ARRL is concerned,
> it is still on!   So mark your calendars, and plan to get on
> and try to work KE5FI and myself;
> 73,  Henry Pollock - WB4HFL

Good morning Henry,
Most of us wrote off the poor condx in the ARRL 10 meter test
of December 1995, as being the low point of the last 10 years.
And we hoped that the 10 meter test in December 1996 would
show an improvement when/if Cycle 23 got underway.

But our F2 conditions here in ZL are not as good as we had
a year ago.

Does anyone have access to a propagation forecast for
December 14-15, 1996.  What does VOACAP have to say about
the Stateside to South Pacific path on 28.5 MHZ?

Yes I promise to be QRV, if only to work Henry WB4HFL and
Chuck KE5FI once again...

BTW Henry, I hope you are not applying in Gate 2 for a new call.
I once had nice contacts with Don W6HFL (SK), who used the
phonetics *Hurray For Love*

73,
Martin ZL1ANJ
< jmellis@ihug.co.nz >