New 160 meter contest rules

Subject: New 160 meter contest rules
From: aa4ga@contesting.com (Lee Hiers AA4GA)
Date: Fri Aug 23 01:31:46 1996
On 21 Aug 96, Larry Tyree wrote:

> 3. Categories: Single operator or multi-operator. Only one signal may
> be transmitted at a time.  Packet spotting may not be used (W1BB didn't
                             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Does this include Multi-ops?

Why RST?  How about Serial Number and Grid?  All those numbers - now,
_that_ would be more challenging, eh?  All this "sync pulse"
stuff...what about the callsign serving that purpose?

Just wondering....Lee

--
Lee Hiers, AA4GA
Cornelia, GA

From: oo7@astro.as.utexas.edu (Derek Wills) (Derek Wills)
Subject: RST required?

        >Bill quoted to me DXCC rule #4:  What's required on the QSL
        >card are the callsigns of both stations, the country, mode,
        >date, time, and frequency band.          ^^^^^^^^^^^
        >Brian Beezley, K6STI

The country is only required when the card is from somewhere like VP8
or JD1 where the prefix is ambiguous.  I remember worrying about this
a few years ago and checking with the League.  I had a KH3 card, I
think, that didn't actually have the country name on it but it was no
problem.  Hmmm, I have to get the word contest in here, I think.

Derek AA5BT, G3NMX
oo7@astro.as.utexas.edu