N0AX CW NAQP score

Subject: N0AX CW NAQP score
From: KWIDELITZ@delphi.com (KWIDELITZ@delphi.com)
Date: Mon Aug 5 12:02:14 1996
The only problem with "pre-set" QSY frequencies is that when they are in use
it undermines the purpose of the QSY request. You want to make it fast, so
you pick a frequency that is empty. QSYs in NAQP are often marginal, running
low power to a band with little propagation and you probably wouldn't make
the QSO if you didn't know what you were listening for. I had a few
occasions where I thought I picked a clear QSY frequency, but it turned out
not to be the case and I couldn't make the QSO. Finding the QSY frequency is
busy and moving up one or two just isn't going to be productive, cause the
guy you are moving isn't going to have the patience to look for you.

73. Ken, AB6FO, KWIDELITZ@DELPHI.COM