Icom 706 and linear problems

Subject: Icom 706 and linear problems
From: richard.frey@Harris.COM (dfrey) (dfrey)
     I remember when the new Collins KWM380(?) came out and we discovered
     it had a 250W un-ALC'd spike on each PTT closure.  Played havoc with
     the Ten-Tec solid state linear.

     The problem is the ALC loop attack time.  It is too slow.  I would
     jump on Icom.  This is an amp killer.  It is lucky you tried it on an
     amp with a true peak reading wattmeter.  You could probably solve it
     with some modifications to the loop filter, but I can't suggest
     anything from waaaay over here.

     Dick   9A/K4XU    in beautiful downtown Zagreb