Attenuators

Subject: Attenuators
From: Bill Fisher, KM9P" <km9p@akorn.net (Bill Fisher, KM9P)
AA7FL asks:

>Bill:
>
>Do you find that you have to run your attenuator often?

I had originally complained on the TenTec reflector about the lack of a 10db
position on the attenuator.  I received so many emails asking if I actually
used an attenuator, that I thought I would answer here.

YES!!  I use an attenuator OFTEN (Never on 15 or 10).  It's always in line
during the SS on 40 and 20.  It's amazing what a little attenuation will do
for you some times.  KR0Y used to use beverages on 20M at K4VX during SS to
achieve the same result.

73

Bill