Force 12 C3

Subject: Force 12 C3
From: HENRYPOL@aol.com (HENRYPOL@aol.com)
Date: Fri Oct 27 17:05:02 1995
It seems that Force 12 has some good antennas based on the comments noted on
this reflector.  So I am considering getting one of the C3s for CONTESTING.
Can anyone supply me with a copy of Force 12's C3 antenna assembly manual.  I
have their catalog and have seen all of the ads but want some more details
before I spend my family's entertainment budget (reference the thread on
Wifes, Kids, and Contests) on another "XXXX!" antenna.
I will be glad to send SASE and pay copying cost.

Good Luck to everyone in the CQWW SSB CONTEST this weekend.  I will be
operating single band, single op, low power on 10 only.  Hope there is some
decent propagation this time.

73,
Henry Pollock - WB4HFL

From: George Daughters" <G.DAUGHT@Forsythe.Stanford.EDU (George Daughters)
Subject: ct/775 help

Dear contesters,

I've got an opportunity to use the new ICOM 775 DSP
for CW sweepstakes.

I have been using an IC 738, which has worked perfectly
with CT9.22, telling CT it was a 737, and changing the
address on the 738 to "3CH" which, I guess, is what CT
is looking for.  As I said, it works great.  This may be
of use to other contesters who have moved to a 738.

I tried the same scheme on the 775, setting the 775
address to 3CH, but still telling CT it was a 737.
No dice.  It tells me "ICOM radio timeout." Any hints?
Do I need to tell CT it's some other radio?  Do I need
to fix the adress? Help!

If anyone has solved this for the IC775DSP, I'd sure
like to know about it.  When I've got a solution, I'll
make it available to anyone else who asks.

For now, I'd sure love it to play correctly for the
SSCW contest next weekend!

73,
george/ab6yl

g.daught@forsythe.stanford.edu