FT890AT in CW contests

Subject: FT890AT in CW contests
From: pstaupe@reliant.mnet.uswest.com (Paul Staupe)
Date: Sun Oct 15 08:01:48 1995
I recently downgraded my station to an FT890AT.  I'd like to put in
a decent effort in SS and the 160 contests, but am wondering
whether or not it's worth plowing $$$ into a CW filter for the '890,
or if the money would be better spent on some sort of external
digital filter.

Any suggestions?
Please reply directly & I'll summarize.

Paul WZ0V