Contest Welfare

Subject: Contest Welfare
From: Mike.Tope@Sciatl.COM (Mike.Tope@Sciatl.COM)
Date: Thu Sep 28 19:12:00 1995

     >or just plain cheat.  It would just redistribute the certificates
     >sort of like welfare redistributes the wealth . . . :-)|
     >Stan  W7NI@teleport.com

     The real reward in a contest is not a piece of paper that says that
     you are a winner, but rather, it is the experience of competition
     itself, and the self knowledge that you reached your highest level of
     performance. No fellow contester or commitee member can take that away
     from you. Its like the guy who runs 5 KW and uses packet; he may get
     the certificate to put on his wall, and brag to his friends, but deep
     down inside he knows the truth about his unscrupulous ways.

     After all, what is the value of a piece of wood or paper? Its really
     only valueable in terms of what it represents. Scores really speak for
     themselves anyway. And besides, its fairly easy to look through the
     results of a contest and find the guys in your part of the country to
     gauge your performance. Winning is an inward experience!

     Ciao,

     Mike, AD4VH (After Dinner 4 Valiums Help)
     Ex KD8NS (KD8 "NO #$%")