Where from? How to?

Subject: Where from? How to?
From: W1IHN@aol.com (W1IHN@aol.com)
Date: Wed Jul 12 13:11:17 1995
I may have the opportunity to operate portable in some domestic contest from
"out West" and while exploring the possibilities would like some opinions on
two issues:
(1) what state to operate from, and (2) practical *EFFECTIVE* antenna
configurations.
The station would be contained in a moderate-sized motor home, driven from
Las Vegas, NV or Hurricane, UT (my son-in-law, WA2JFK, and daughter live in
LV, and his folks with motor home in UT). My choice would be to operate from
UT since back East
that's always a rare one. The motor home has a 4kw Onan generator that feeds
off the motor home's 75-gallon gas tank. SS would be a good possibility; if
not this year, then next.
Remember, this motor home would be borrowed for a weekend, so I wouldn't want
to make any permanent "changes", nor would I want to carry lots of tower
sections on its roof...