LTA soundblaster software

Subject: LTA soundblaster software
From: aa2du@netcom.com (aa2du@netcom.com)
Date: Thu Oct 13 03:09:50 1994
Hi Jim, I use a DVP and the output is instant. Sounds like Writelog may be
creating
the delay.

73, J.P.

>Last night I was trying out the multimedia interface on WriteLog and found
>a second or so delay between hitting the function key and the output
>from the sound card. Does this delay occur in the LTA soundblaster software?
>Does this delay occur when using the CT DVP board? With the homebrew
>DVK, simular to the W9XT card, the output is NOW.
>
>Jim, 'Still working on the bad audio, just automating it', WA6SDM
>jholly@cup.hp.com

J.P. Kleinhaus, AA2DU
ARRL Hudson Division C.A.C. Representative
E-mail:  aa2du@netcom.com
             aa2du@aa2du.slip.netcom.com
             kleinhaj@iia.org
Compu$erve:  74660,2606

TVI???  What TVI???

From: Peter G. Smith" <n4zr@netcom.com (Peter G. Smith)
Subject: Yaesu G-1000SDX Rotor Experience

Has anyone out there had first-hand experience with the Yaesu G-1000SDX
rotor?  It is under $500 with a preset controller, rated for 23.5 square
feet.  Other specs, however (turning and braking torque, in particular),
more nearly resemble the 13 SF Create RC5, which is similarly priced.
Other factors - it does fit inside Rohn 25, which I understand the Create
RC5A3 will not, and rotates over 450 degrees, which could be very helpful.
finally, a friend reports that his G-1000SDX easily rotates a Tennadyne
11-element LP plus a 40-2CD, and that it both turned and braked that load
easily all through the last dreadful New England winter.

Sounds too good to be true, since the Create costs $250 more.  Is it?

73, Pete
N4ZR@netcom.com
"Better, faster,cheaper -- choose any two"