Multi-Contesting

Subject: Multi-Contesting
From: ames@force.DECNET.LOCKHEED.COM (ames@force.DECNET.LOCKHEED.COM)
Date: Wed Aug 24 10:42:05 1994
This may be of interest to other little pistols who
need to put more FUN into those contest weekends when
things are less than terrific.  Last weekend looked perfect
for Multi-Contesting, working several contests at the same time.

It looked like one might be able to work the entire band
- CW (KCJ Contest), Digital (SARTG RTTY), and Phone (NA
QSO) - and even a few more (NJ QSO & SEANET Phone) .

I loaded several contest programs while Multi-tasking
them, and switching between programs to S & P thru
the bands.  This was easier than one would have suspected,
and next time I wonUt have to spend so much time working
out the hardware bugs.  This was a real blast, in spite
of the meager scores.  Not a serious threat, maybe next time?

73 de N2ALE/6, alan
aka ames@force.decnet.lockheed.com

         SARTG Worldwide RTTY

Entry Class: Single Op, All Band

Band    QSOs   Pts  Dist    DX
80         0     0     0     0
40         6    60     4     2
20         9    95     6     3
15         0     0     0     0
10         0     0     0     0
-----   ----  ----  ----  ----
Total     15   155    10     5

Score: 2325
Power Output: 50

        NCJ NORTH AMERICAN QSO PARTY

Category: Single Op All Band
Mode: SSB   Power: 100W

Hours of Operation: 02:53

     band      QSOs     points    mults
     DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
     160          0         0        0
      75          2         2        1
      40          4         4        4
      20         25        25       16
      15          0         0        0
      10          0         0        0
     DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
     TOTAL       31        31       21   SCORE: 651