slow exchanges

Subject: slow exchanges
From: dcurtis@mipos2.intel.com (dcurtis@mipos2.intel.com)
Date: Wed Jun 29 11:35:36 1994
<deleted stuff about inefficient exchanges>
> But it is important to keep in mind that Field Day is a chance for
> contesting to be exposed to the "masses". It is probably the first
> contesting experience for many new hams, and probably does a lot to
> get them interested in contesting. We can't expect everyone to be
> a top notch op in their first contest experience.

At our FD, there were no contest regulars other than me (and I
am more of a wanna-be) and furthermore, two people that are
not licensed yet.  I made a _very_explicit_ script of a short
contest exchange and posted it.  I told the old timers that it
was for the not-yet-licensed folks, so that they could follow
what was going on and get over mic-fright. ;-)

73, Dave NG0X, control operator and dupe-sheet explainer
Intel Emergency Amateur Radio Service (Santa Clara branch) FD team