Novice Contest

Subject: Novice Contest
From: DEVANS@lynx.colorado.edu (DEVANS@lynx.colorado.edu)
Date: Sun May 22 16:29:37 1994
>Internal radiophysics.com LAN RFC 822 headers
>From evans@dablik Sun May 22 09:15:28 1994
>To: interput@dablik("in%""cq-contest@tgv.com""")
>From: evans@dablik (D. R. Evans)
>Subject: Re: Novice Contest

>Roundup.  The point is, there should be some sort of 'introductory' contest
>for beginners.  Hopefully it would be set up in a way that these beginners
>would get bit by 'the bug' and become contesters for life.

The definition of the "target audience" is a bit vague. The word "beginner"
doesn't tell me very much. Do we mean:
1. Someone who has done little contesting;
2. Someone who has a low license class;
3. Someone who has had a license for only a short time.

Each one of these would place different requirements on the design of a
successful contest. The rest of the posting seems to imply that we are
talking about item number 2, but I would like to be clear that that is
really what the board of directors asked for; or is it instead someone's
interpretation of what the board asked for?

It seems that our chance of hitting the target will be increased if everyone
agrees on where the target is....

Doc Evans NQ0I/G4AMJ : devans@orion.colorado.edu
                       al019@freenet.hsc.colorado.edu