K2MM CW Sprint Score

Subject: K2MM CW Sprint Score
From: K2MM@MasPar.COM (K2MM@MasPar.COM)
Date: Fri Sep 17 02:20:05 1993
1993 September CW NA Sprint -- K2MM John MA

20m  38
40m  41
80m  27
    ---
    106 * 30 = 3180

Took a few hours off from the VHF contest with W2SZ/1 on Mt. Greylock in
Massachusetts.  Strung a 150-foot random dipole between the 6m and 432
towers, but it took a lot longer than I expected, and I missed the first
hour.  Not much fun being up the tower in the dark without a belt struggling
to get this stupid wire out of the trees while QSOs are slipping through my
fingers.

Had to throttle down to 40W on 20m to avoid clobbering the 6m station's IF.
Was surprised that QSYing to 40m/100W didn't make the going any easier.

Thanks to Trey/WN4KKN for being the only station to alert me that my chirpy
signal was a problem.  --John/K2MM/WA1MUG