Antennaware

[Antennaware] 160 meter FCP

To: antennaware@contesting.com
Subject: [Antennaware] 160 meter FCP
From: Everett Sharp via Antennaware <antennaware@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2017 09:00:31 -0600
Well Guys,

Just joined the list and have been operating on 160 Meters now for about 2
weeks. The antenna is Inverted L, which is 52’ vertical and 103’ horizontal.
Currently have 4, on the ground, 1/4 wave radials/with ground rod. The system
works much better than expected. However, I plan on upgrading to a FCP and
should have it up and running in a week, or so. My problem is I will have to
run part of the FCP through some high bushes on one side. Also the ground drops
off, by a lot, on one half of the planed counterpose.

So my thinking is to use insulated wire, even though it is not recommended,
because the FCP will have to make contact with the bushes on one 1/2 of it for
a short distance (any thoughts?). The side where I will have to pass through
the bushes is the side where the ground drops off and the far end will be 15’,
or so above the ground. The other half will be 8’ above the ground. So do I
need to bend the one half of the FCP to maintain the same distance above the
ground, or keep it level? Half of the FCP will be at 8’, or so with the middle
at 8’ and the far end of the other side a 15’ AGL.

Any help, or recommendation will be greatly appreciated. I have wound the 1:1
transformer on a T300-D2 core, so that part is done.

Everett N4CY

Sent from my iPad