[Amps] Alpha 99 Exhaust vent temps

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Alpha 99 Exhaust vent temps
From: Warren Dean <ni5l@outlook.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 01:59:53 +0000
Hello all. I was referred to this list by Glenn, AE0Q, for an answer to my
question about Alpha 99 exhaust temperatures. I am seeing about 155 to 160
degrees F when running RTTY with 4.5 second transmissions at 500 watts. It
doesn't really seem all that high to me but I would like to make sure I am not
cooking the tubes. Has anyone here looked at exhaust temps and determined what
a safe temperature range is? I am using an NIST traceable thermometer about ½
inch above the vents in the case, so the temps are pretty accurate.

Thanks and 73

Warren / NI5L