Re: [Amps] Looking for Sage "Wireline

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Looking for Sage "Wireline
From: Steve Thompson via Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2024 11:40:49 +0000
I never found an alternative although I haven't searched recently. I
assumed they managed their patents well.

I still have the cardboard 'slide rule' calculator, very handy for
estimating what simple couplers do outside their intended frequency range.

I haven't tried but I believe you can get lower frequency couplers by
cascading shorter lengths, useful if (like me) all you've got is offcuts.

For UHF upwards there's Xinger (and equivalent) products which can cover
most wireline uses although they're not always readily available.

Steve GSQ