Re: [Amps] Brand new updated PS board for Command Technology amplifiers

To: amps@contesting.com, gudguyham@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Brand new updated PS board for Command Technology amplifiers
From: A J <iamfromcanadaalso@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2024 08:47:59 -0500
I made these boards a few years ago and have them available and have sold numerous units.

glass /solder mask etc.,

If you need some let me know.

AJ___ VE3HJ

On 1/19/24 08:09, gudguyham--- via Amps wrote:
Recently I had occasion to have to rebuild THREE  power supply units ( located under the chassis) of the Commander line of amps.  Two HF2500’s and one  VHF2000.  Both use the same power supply board.  Unfortunately all 3 boards were damaged by heat and the traces
flaked off the boards in many spots.  The traces that didn’t lift normally did when tried to unsolder and resolder new parts.  The old boards are basically unsalvageable to rebuild.  The boards are obviously old technology.  They are a one time board as far as I’m
concerned!  As usual confronted with the need, I’ve developed a brand new board using new technology on boards with masking etc.  I need these boards to professionally rebuild the power supplies in these amps.  I don’t trust Gerry rigging these old decrepit boards.
 The whole amplifier RF deck must be removed from the amp chassis to get to the power supply.  You don’t want to go back on after using  band-aid methods on the old boards.  These amps are terrific amps and can go another 35 years with the breath of life from an
all new board.  Hopefully within the next month I will have these boards ready.  I ordered extra for my supply for further repairs and for those who would like to attempt their own replacement I will have a limited supply I’ll be offering them fully assembled and ready to
install The price is unknown at the moment until I can fully asses the expenditure.  If interested I’ll take orders on a FCFS basis.  I’m going to be installing one in my own personal amp as well. I have my own transformer for testing so if you don’t feel confident
in doing the replacement yourself I only need the RF deck and can do it here.  It’s a shame  to see these good old amps sidelined for lack of parts. Thanks for reading Lou

Sent from the all new AOL app for iOS

Knowledge is Power and Power is Knowledge.___AJ___1967