Re: [Amps] High filament current on the 8877 amplifier tube

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] High filament current on the 8877 amplifier tube
From: Steve Thompson <g8gsq@gmx.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2023 23:24:41 +0100
Assuming they are Eimac manufacture, try asking CPI/Eimac for advice.

The only hazardous material in them is going to be the cathode coating
(Typ. Barium and Strontium oxides); radio and TV tubes containing the
same aren't normally considered hazardous.

Some years ago I used to get ceramic tubes cheap from the local scrap
metal dealer, where they were sent for the copper value in the anode.

Steve G8GSQ