Re: [Amps] 10 KW CCS ON 6M...USING THE 3CX-6000A7... PART 19

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 10 KW CCS ON 6M...USING THE 3CX-6000A7... PART 19
From: Victor Rosenthal 4X6GP <k2vco.vic@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2023 17:51:49 +0200
I don't see the point of paralleled contactors. The critical part is make and break, not steady state current. The danger is that contacts will be damaged or welded together by the arc that occurs on make/break. One of the contactors is always going to close/open before the other, so the probability of damage is not reduced by having two. If one of them welds itself shut (happened to me), then it doesn't matter if the other one doesn't! If one of these isn't big enough, then you need to replace both of them with a bigger one.

73,
Victor, 4X6GP
Rehovot, Israel
Formerly K2VCO