Re: [Amps] Henry 8K Ultra Roller inductor repair question

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Henry 8K Ultra Roller inductor repair question
From: jtml@losalamos.com
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2023 23:57:46 +0000
Harald,
Whatever you use, do not use the nichrome metal stock. It is high resistance for use in heater elements. It will get very hot from RF current as well.

The best material is likely phosphor bronze strip. You can stack up several pieces as well, to get more springiness. I don't have a source for this, but metal supply companies should know.

73
John Lyles
K5PRO

Message: 1