Re: [Amps] Pem Nuts

To: Douglas Zwiebel <dougzzz@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Pem Nuts
From: Jay Sturtevant <k2ztdx@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2022 12:27:43 -0400
Doug,

Thanks for sharing your experience with Signal One.

I don't want to get off topic, but I had to respond because most operators
probably are unfamiliar with the paradigm shift that radio caused, in my
opinion.

Fred, K2TR, (WB2OEU) lived nearby and was the first in the Niagara
Falls area to buy one around 1970.  After seeing Fred's scores, a couple of
us became owners of Signal Ones by not buying groceries, however,  I think
we were oblivious of a design factor, Hi, Hi.  Doug, I still have a spare
PA237 ic.

 I bought a Signal One transceiver in 1972 and enjoyed running it in
contests at a friend's house. We drove his Alpha 77 feeding a super antenna
farm. Oh, we were "loud"!!

 Nothing like a couple of Signal Ones on Field Day--not funny when my
friend lost the power transformer and mine blew a TIP 29A, $1.35 regulator
because the generator went nuts!

Thanks everyone-good memories!

Jay, K2ZT