Re: [Amps] Swan Mark 1 for AM Service

To: "gudguyham@aol.com" <gudguyham@aol.com>, "(null) (null)" <ko4nrbs@yahoo.com>, "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Swan Mark 1 for AM Service
From: Steven Katz <stevek@jmr.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2022 18:09:36 +0000
I agree.   The Mark II is much beefier with a separate power supply and
separate cooling fan for the supply.

I've replaced three transformers in MK I units, way back when they were pretty
new (1970s timeframe) and they failed in normal service.

I doubt a MK I can handle more than 100W carrier power on AM...if that...and
don't forget to "tune up" at the PEP crest level power.