[Amps] 91b saga

To: Amps Group <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] 91b saga
From: gudguyham via Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2021 15:05:07 +0000 (UTC)
Folks,well although the saga continues, it’s been determined that the schematic
is in error concerning the wiring of K1.  The schematic is wrong and thus threw
me on a wild goose chase with this amp.  The schematic shows there should be a
closed loop through K1 of 15 ohms.  The amp is wired differently such that the
loop is open and in fact closes in a fault.  This distracted my attention
there.  This has been proven when Dick was kind enough to pull J4 off his amp
and it started up, confirming the error in the schematic.  Just great huh?
Make a notation on your schematics to the effect.  So going back to the mains
board to keep looking.  I’ll report when solved.  Time permitting.

Sent from the all new AOL app for iOS