Re: [Amps] Henry RF generators

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Henry RF generators
From: donroden@hiwaay.net
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2020 18:19:01 -0600
404 NOT FOUND

Quoting Chris Wilson <chris@chriswilson.tv>:

15/12/2020 23:23

Many Henry RF generators on 27 or 14 MHz use a brass (?) slug within a copper tube coil for inductance changing (as the turns counter advances the slug within the coil the inductance reduces) and a rather Heath Robinson variable capacitor using two brass plates, with a Teflon insulation sheet between them. Now I realize they were not intended to be frequency agile, so my question is, is there an advantage to changing the strange looking variable cap for a vacuum variable? Is the consensus of opinion that slug tuning the inductor is fine and can be left as is? Thanks.

An example Henry RF deck is at http://www.chriswilson.tv/deck.jpg

--
       Best Regards,
                   Chris Wilson.