Re: [Amps] Old SB1000

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Old SB1000
From: Ken Florence <amps@n3kf.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2020 17:42:13 -0500
Hi Jim,
You'll probably say I don't need it. It's just an Icom 756 pro 3. With the new tube I am getting a KW at about 75watts drive. Going up to 100 watts there is no additional output. I'd probably prefer to just drive the amp to 800 watts or so. ALC made that pretty easy before. I realize I could do that manually.