[Amps] FW: Transformer Question

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] FW: Transformer Question
From: "Matt" <maflukey@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2020 09:34:00 -0600
On the Gonset, the line filter choke is on the low voltage DC return side of
the diode bridge, I assume to reduce 60Hz ripple.    It is undamaged.   Are you
referring to this choke for removal?    The 811H schematic shows L7 (which I
don't see defined in the parts list) on the HV DC supply leading to the RF
plate choke tagged L4.    I assume L7 in the 811H design serves the same
purpose but places the choke on the HV side instead of the LV side.

Regarding the 1.4 x transformer voltage...   I am puzzled by this too, and I
assume the replacement transformer specs for both are listed as peak-to-peak,
and not RMS, since the literature for both amps indicates the full load plate
voltage as 1500 VDC.   I guess I could at least call Peter Dahl and ask them to
confirm this.    I'm not sure if I could get anyone at MFJ who would know....

KM5VI
Matt