Re: [Amps] *** PGXL Questions on CW Operation

To: "GEORGE WALLNER" <aa7jv@atlanticbb.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] *** PGXL Questions on CW Operation
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2018 21:14:35 -0700
##  Points well   taken.   Yes u need to buy the rasberry pi,  3 x fans, then
cable  it  all .
But still,  even if a ham didnt want to   plug in cables, and install  the 3 x
fans,  Im sure
he could find   somebody  who would undertake the project.  Its  not a real kit
in the sense
of a heathkit.   No soldering required on  the  B-26 german amp... just the
myriad of
interconnecting cabling between  module boards, installing the  raspberry pi
processor,
then installing the pair of  push pull  120mm fans for the PA heatsink, then
the 80mm  fan
for the LP filters +  auto tuner.

##  Some enterprising fellow   could possibly start a small  business,  doing
the above.
Then check the calibration, idle currents,, final testing etc.   The end user
would still be
far ahead.   Another  $200.00  to install the misc items,  calibrate, test,
would not be
unreasonable.

Jim   VE7RF