Re: [Amps] Flex Power Genius XL 2KW amplifier

To: amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Flex Power Genius XL 2KW amplifier
From: Ron Youvan <ka4inm@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2018 09:34:19 -0400
Tom Osborne wrote:

It would be interesting to d a study and see just how many CW op's actually
work QSK.  I've been on CW since '54 and have never used it (except back in
my CW traffic days with a separate antenna on the RX).  73
Tom W7WHY

 Bruce <w8hw@comcast.net> wrote:

Roger is correct. Fast (semi break-in) works very well and is better and
safer for equipment than QSK. Additionally, I have seen the same issues
with speeds above 35WPM in some cases.

I started as a novice with a DX-100 and before I got it on the air I built a solid state TR switch (using a RadioShack no name JFET) into the transmitter, so there was a receiver connector on the back of the transmitter. My first cw contact was with full "break in keying." Initially and to this day I find bursts of noise and band sounds between elements undesirable. Now I use the VOX delay to keep the transceiver in the TX mode continually unless I pause unusually long between words.
--
   Ron KA4INM - Youvan's corollary:
                Every action results in unwanted side effects.