[Amps] water purity/conductivity in water cooled, tube

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] water purity/conductivity in water cooled, tube
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2018 10:49:54 -0700
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2018 08:58:05 -0500
From: Kim Elmore <cw_de_n5op@sbcglobal.net>
To: Randy <randy@verizon.net>
Cc: amps@contesting.com
amplifiers

<I dont think this is correct. Every one Ive ever seen is now aluminum.

> Just wondering out loud... I'd bet some cars have either all-plastic
> radiators, or, maybe plastic heater cores for the A/C. Maybe that would
> remove the issues of metal ions from the heat-exchanger. Undoubtedly less
> efficient at removing heat from the water than  metal, but size cures a lot
> of ills.
>

> Randy
> KZ4RV

<Kim N5OP

## No such thing as an all  plastic radiator, does not exist.
However I have seen  aluminum radiators, that have plastic, vertical  end tanks,
used for eng  rads.  These have fallen out of vogue, nothing but endless
problems
with hot coolant eventually leaking where the plastic end tanks morph into the
aluminum
cores.

##  Plastic is useless at  radiating heat.  It does the opposite,  holds heat
in..   An all copper
radiator would be the ultimate ticket, but cost prohibitive..and  almost triple
the weight of
aluminum.   Aluminum only conducts heat  57 %  vs  copper.  Thats why copper
spreaders are used
for final pa transistors, where the cu spreaders  mate to the aluminum finned
heat sink.

Jim  VE7RF