Re: [Amps] NXP 65V LDMOS 1K80H-1800W

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] NXP 65V LDMOS 1K80H-1800W
From: Manfred Mornhinweg <manfred@ludens.cl>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2017 20:18:10 +0000
Mark,

I can't resist the evil temptation of advertising more modern
technology! Regarding the problem you see in 1500W amps using 65V LDMOSFETs:

Biggest issue I see for home builder is getting a 65V ~50A
> power supply.

The solution I consider most reasonable is to use some sort of highly efficient amplifier rather than an old-tech, low efficiency, plain class-AB one. In that case all you need for 1500W output is a 50V 40A server power supply, which are plentiful as surplus, and dirt cheap.

Back to the workbench now. I'm working precisely on that. The parts recently arrived, after a long wait.

Manfred