Re: [Amps] Grid dip meters 2 models, opinions?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Grid dip meters 2 models, opinions?
From: Manfred Mornhinweg <manfred@ludens.cl>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2017 18:30:55 +0000
I have two dipmeters, unfortunately none of the ones in question here, so I can't give any advice. But of the two I have, and which I got as gifts many years ago, from two hams who have since passed away, the Heathkit GD-1A works very well, while the Kyoritsu K-126C is extremely poor, almost to the point of being unuseable as dipmeter, due to theb lack of sensitivity. It works well as sniffer, though.

Near the beginning of my ham career I used the Heathkit dipper all the time. Nowdays, with all the more modern instrumentation available, I rarely use a dipmeter, but there still are some specific things that a dipmeter does better than anything else. So it's good to have one.

Manfred