Re: [Amps] Novice heater choke question

To: Lee <L@xxxxxxx>, amps@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Amps] Novice heater choke question
From: Larry <larry@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2017 12:15:25 -0700
On 24-May-17 11:04 AM, Lee wrote:
Reasonable to you but not the FCC.

Lee, w0vt

Why would you think that?

From the FCC R&O 17-33 (https://apps.fcc.gov/edocs_public/attachmatch/FCC-17-33A1.pdf):

23. Radiated and Transmitter Power. As discussed in the WRC-12 NPRM, we adopt maximum EIRP limits and transmitter power limits for the new amateur service bands. Amateur stations may operate in the 135.7-137.8 kHz band with a maximum radiated power of one watt EIRP. Several amateur service commenters recommend that we specify a maximum transmitter power developed specifically for these bands, while others recommend that a maximum transmitter power not be specified, or that we apply only the general Part 97 transmitter power limit to both bands. We find that amateur stations operating in the 135.7-137.8 kHz band should be subject only to the general Part 97 limit of 1.5 kW peak envelope power (PEP). We find it unnecessary to limit the transmitter power beyond what it is already provided for in our rules, because antennas used in this frequency band are highly inefficient in converting the RF power delivered to the antenna terminals.

24. We also adopt the power limits proposed in the WRC-12 NPRM for amateur stations operating in the 472-479 kHz band. For such stations, the maximum radiated power will be five watts EIRP, except for stations located in the portion of Alaska that is within 800 kilometers of the Russian Federation, where the EIRP will be limited to one watt. We also limit the transmitter power for amateur radio operations in the 472-479 kHz band to 500 watts PEP; provided, however, that the resulting radiated power does not exceed five watts EIRP. In other words, it may be necessary to reduce transmitter power below 500 watts PEP to avoid exceeding the five watts EIRP limit.

BTW, 1730 M is NOT 137 kHz. 1730 M is under Part 15 rules and has nothing at all to do with either 2200 M or 630 M Part 5 or Amateur rules.

73,

Larry - W7IUV / WH2XGP