Re: [Amps] 144 MHz GS35B update

To: "Peter Voelpel" <dj7ww@t-online.de>, "'Amps'" <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 144 MHz GS35B update
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.qozzy.com>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2017 16:20:06 -0400
That means nothing if the input and output were not retuned at each step or modified as needed. What class and bias is being used at each step and are the tube curves being used to select the sweet spots?

The GS-35B is also known to like high drive BUT Ive yet to see what that does to IMD. Hams are known to want more more more RF but care little about the consequenses

A GG amp has poor input-output isolation so one circuit affects the other and becomes more noticable as the frequency increases. This is also the primary reason why builders often have to make changes from a published circuit, especially at VHF and above.

Carl

----- Original Message ----- From: "Peter Voelpel" <dj7ww@t-online.de>