[Amps] How big is yours?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] How big is yours?
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2017 10:12:05 -0800
Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2017 08:03:21 -0700
From: "Mike Fitzgerald" <MLF@Q.com>
To: <amps@contesting.com>

This "Power" thread sounds more like a bunch of high school boys with their
rulers....Antenna's and operating skills are just as important, if not more so,
than output power...Grow up!

Mike AA7WU

##  Once u are maxed out for ants.....esp on postage sized city lots, you have
no options left, except to crank up the po.
100 w into an inverted  vee up 80 feet....  on 75m puts u nowhere....fast.
Its the  160-80-40-30m bands where some more
PO helps.   Nobody I know screws with 100 w anymore.   We cant hear you.  Come
back when you either put up a bigger ant,
or get an anp.  The noise floor is rising these days.  Its not like what it
used to be.

Jim  VE7RF