Re: [Amps] Rubber Mats ( was Direct rectification of AC mains to drive t

To: "ka4inm@gmail.com" <ka4inm@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Rubber Mats ( was Direct rectification of AC mains to drive the amp, )
From: Steve Bookout <steve@nr4m.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2013 18:24:38 -0400
Along a similar line...

I fought poor performing Beverage antennas for abt 2 years, before I found the
problem.  The black plastic boxes I used to house the transformers at the
antenna feed were conductive.  I put the stainless hardware directly thru the
plastic, after all it WAS plastic!
Found out that these boxes were Delux Lista brand parts bins for their Line of
cabinets.  They had carbon in the mix because they were intended for storing
static sensitive components.

Check EVERYTHING!

73 de Steve, NR4M