Re: [Amps] Using old amps on WARC query

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Using old amps on WARC query
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 09:08:32 -0700
On 6/30/2013 5:44 AM, Kevin Stover wrote:
the Titan, model 425, was designed "WARC ready".

I think the Titan 425 first came on the scene before the WARC bands were announced. I have three 425s of slightly different vintages. All three work fine to produce rated power on 17M and 12M with the band switch set for one band lower in frequency. Two work fine on 30M with the bandswitch set for 40M, to produce 200W out with about 10W drive. The oldest one is enough different that it does not like 30M, and shows signs of overheating, even the low drive and output levels.

73, Jim K9YC